Tuesday, January 2, 2007

More to this life...

Have you ever been so anxious about something that you can't sit still...but you're not sure why you're feeling so anxious?? Have you felt like sitting down is wasting time - there's so much else to do!?

I was off work for over a week for the holidays. Today was my first day back. For the majority of the day I was very busy catching up on things, but by 3:00 I was done. Checked out. Done working. Had it. I stood up and looked at my desk...took a walk into the copier room...walked back to my desk & stared at my chair. I don't want to sit there ANYMORE!!!! But I work until 5:00. That's two hours that I could be reading about something - learning about something! Two hours of cleaning that could get done. Two hours of writing! Two hours of making a difference in my life, in my kids' life, in this world??!!

I have a great job. No complaints, really. My boss is wonderful to me. I love the girls I work with - I consider them my friends. The pay is decent. The schedule isn't bad - it's actually extremely good compared to many jobs. But is it where my passion lies? No. Does that matter? I don't know. I think it does though. There's more to this life than punching the clock and looking forward to the weekend!

I've decided that as long as I am working - at this job and anywhere else for that matter - I will open my eyes to opportunities God will place before me. Maybe a patient needs an encouraging word - or a simple smile. Maybe a co-worker needs Godly advice or just someone who will listen & love them. I will look for opportunities to serve people.

God, use me! Show me where I am needed to advance your kingdom here on earth! Let me be a light in this dark world - a light people are drawn to because of You! Give me the strength to step through my fear and out of my comfort zone. I know your favor rests on me. Remind me of this every day! You called me to do your work - and my heart's desire is to please you and give you glory & honor. I want to impact lives around me - I want to be in business with You, changing lives. Giving people hope. Showing them how to experience peace in all circumstances. Empowering them with the Truth. And this I am incapable of without you, Father. I am your vessel - work through me. Use me. Bring kingdom purpose to my life. Lord, I am willing.

No comments: